Even though our vacation isn't for another few weeks, the summer does feel like it's ending. Back-to-school season seems to signal the end of summer, despite summer temperatures that persist into October and the fact that we don't yet have children to prepare for their first day of school. I always look forward to the cool, crisp days of autumn, but there's something sad about the summer ending. Maybe it's something I never shook from childhood, but there's a certain freedom that comes with summer, even though the days of summer recess are long gone.
So, to both prepare for our upcoming vacation, I'm packing up my beach bag for the last time. Here's what I'll be toting to OBX:
- Vera Bradley Dockside Canvas Tote in Navy -- great carry-all bag
- J. Crew Printed Scarf in Violet -- perfect for use as a sarong and/or wrap for cool nights
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin -- I've been meaning to read this forever. Looking forward to having reading time on the beach.
- Neutrogena UltraSheer Sunscreen SPF 70 -- I burn
- Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy Cream -- smells and feels great
- EOS Lip Balm in Sweet Mint -- the best lip balm ever
- Real Simple and Better Homes and Gardens Magazines -- on an organization kick and also looking to revamp my weekly recipe repertoire
- LifeFactory Glass Water Bottle -- BPA-free and good for frequent refills at the water fountain
- Lilly Pulitzer Agenda -- Adorable and great tabbed format
- Fekkai Summer Hair Wash & Wear -- I think this particular "dry" shampoo is discontinued, but everyone makes them now and they're perfect for a quick refresh between the beach and dinner.
- Vera Bradley Mini Notebook in English Meadow -- for jotting random thoughts
- Ray-Ban Wayfarers -- classic and chic
- Vera Bradley Hard Eyeglass Case -- cute storage for my shades
I realized after taking this photo that I forgot to include my cell phone. And that's just the way I'd like it to be while on vacation.